Benefits Specialist – One Year Contract Role Alpharetta GA
Our client, the North American Mission Board, is searching for a contract Benefits Specialist to join their team at their headquarters in Alpharetta, GA. This position will be needed for one full year. This longstanding non-profit organization has been focused on spreading the gospel of Christ through supporting church plants, missionaries, and relief efforts for over 40 years. They are looking for a like-minded individual who is also passionate about their purpose and who desires to serve the employees and retirees of this great organization.
This role can be worked on a hybrid schedule with Mondays and Fridays being worked from your home office and Tuesdays through Thursdays being worked in the Alpharetta location.
This is a great opportunity to make an eternal difference with your daily work.
**Because the NAMB is a nonprofit funded by the Southern Baptist Convention, it is their desire to give those funds back to Southern Baptist church members when possible. So they are requesting that candidates be active members of a Southern Baptist Church.
- Research, analyze, and administer all healthcare, wellness, retirement and leave programs
- Assist with benefit processes, administration, advocacy, education and training of all benefits and retirement programs
- Work with benefit brokers/vendors/suppliers and insurance companies on plan summaries, invoicing, contract renewals, insurance claims, death claims, disputes, and questions
- Act as liaison between employee and insurance provider
- Resolve employee benefit questions, problems and/or disputes
- Stay up to date with federal, state, and local HR and benefit laws
- Assist with benefit compliance (COBRA, 5500, Discrimination Testing, FAS106, 1095, Medicare Part-D, ERISA, etc.)
- Calculate benefit paycheck deductions as needed
- Plan, implement and administer annual open enrollment process and presentation
- Attend all benefit and HR training and meetings
- Respond to all messages in a timely manner (emails, teams, Freshdesk, Ring Central, Workday, etc.)
- Support the Benefits Manager with projects as needed
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- A minimum of three years experience in a benefits specialist role
- Previous experience with Workday HRIS a huge plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Mature Christian who desires to serve in a career that helps to spread the gospel of Christ
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong empathy and patience in supporting employees and retirees with questions regarding their health benefits
- Very organized and detailed
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000, depending on experience. There are no benefits with this position.