Human Resources Director Charlotte NC
Our client, Team Automotive Group, a respected car dealership with eight locations across North and South Carolina, is hiring a Human Resources Director to join their team. This newly created role was established due to the exciting growth in Team Auto Group’s business over the last six years. The Human Resources Director will report to the CFO and be a key member of the leadership team, and have a “seat at the table”.
Based onsite at their offices in Northeast Charlotte, with the opportunity for a hybrid working arrangement – one day a week offsite – once you’re established, you will be part of a strong, tenured family-led leadership team. This is a great position for someone with GRIT who is looking to lead and develop the HR department, set the enterprise-wide HR strategy, wear many hats and roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that support Team Automotive’s objectives
- Responsible for maintaining a highly engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees.
- Oversee all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, and offboarding.
- Partner with department heads and managers to provide guidance and support in all areas of HR, including but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Works closely with the leadership team to advise, counsel, and provide coaching and resolution to address employees’ performance which also includes career development and disciplinary actions.
- Provides basic HR training for the leadership team such as how to conduct interviews, performance evaluations, documenting performance, and having difficult conversations.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives, including recognition programs, career development opportunities, and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage and fully utilize the HCM (Netchex)
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- 3+ years of HR Director experience and 5 to 7 years of HR experience overall.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR certifications are preferred.
- Experience in blue collar, manufacturing, or warehouse environments preferred
- Knowledge of HCM systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
COMPENSATION: 150k base salary plus generous benefits