Family Law Paralegal Atlanta GA
Job Title: Family Law Paralegal
Location: Cumberland/Galleria area of Atlanta: 4 days onsite and 1 day remote
Must have experience working as a family law paralegal with high asset clients!
Our client, Boyd, Collar, Nolen, Tuggle and Roddenbery, a well-respected and established family law firm in the Cumberland/Galleria area, is seeking a full time experienced family law paralegal. Our client has counseled thousands of families through the emotional and complex process of divorce and family law matters. They offer an excellent culture, a family work environment, career stability, excellent benefits, hybrid schedule and work life balance.
The successful candidate must be experienced in handling family law cases for high net worth clients. The firm handles family matters including divorce, alimony, child support, business valuations and post-judgment modifications/contempts.
The ideal paralegal candidate is experienced with managing the family law matter from start to finish, including drafting pleadings, filing documents electronically with the courts, preparing and responding to discovery, assisting with trial preparations, maintaining deadlines and calendars, communicating with clients, and having an overall positive attitude to help clients through their most difficult trials of life.
Please be sure to include, in either your resume or cover letter, what experience you have with family law and whether you have experience working with high asset/net worth clients.
- Communicating with clients while preparing and drafting legal documents
- Handling and preparing discoveries , financial affidavits and child support worksheets
- Partnering closely with team attorneys to track progress and next steps on cases
- Managing court calendars, client scheduling and legal deadlines
- Filing documents with the court
- Preparing trial exhibits
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a paralegal in a Family Law firm required
- Experience working with high net worth clients required
- Like-minded professional who aligns with the mission of supporting family law
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred – Paralegal certificate not required
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Dropbox, and E-filings
- Knowledge of criminal procedures, criminal documents and court filings, and client file management
- Proficient in the use of the internet and search engines to locate information
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofing
- A self-starter who has strong organizational skills, a sense of urgency, and the ability to work proactively
Compensation: $80-85k depending on relevant experience plus bonus and a comprehensive benefits package