Office Manager – Construction Atlanta GA
A boutique high-end residential construction company in Midtown is looking for a new Office Manager to join their wonderful team. We have had the opportunity to place two employees with this client over the past 10 years and both have given us rave reviews. If you are someone with previous Office Management or Business Management experience in a construction company, and you enjoy a combination of administrative, accounting, and HR tasks as a part of your role, this could be the perfect fit for you!
This is a totally onsite position at our client’s office in Midtown.
Even though they are a mature, well-established company, our client’s goal is to always be 10% better every year. Their employees’ feedback is a critical component of how they do that. Come lend your voice to helping our client maintain their excellent reputation in the industry!
The main role of the Office Manager is to ensure that the office runs smoothly and effectively so that all team members are free to focus on their key responsibilities that are needed for the company to achieve their overall goals. Tasks that will be a part of this role, include:
- Open and close the office each day following detailed open/close procedures
- Answer the company phone in a professional and friendly way and assist clients with a strong customer service mindset
- Maintain all subcontractor and vendor files, agreements, and contact information
- Create and maintain all client files
- Assist with end-of-job reviews
- Set up new jobs and projects in BuilderTrend, and input change orders budgets, estimates, and payment schedules
- Handle weekly payroll in Sage 100
- Ensure that all subcontractor, vendor, and overhead invoices are routed correctly into the electronic accounts payable system
- Assist with HR tasks such as new employee onboarding, worker’s comp “pink panel”, calendaring PTO requests, etc.
- Assist with worker’s comp and general liability audits
- Assist with maintaining and complying with licenses and certifications
- Assist with company events and outings
- Previous experience as an Office Manager or Business Manager with a small construction or business services company
- Able to communicate and work effectively with both high-end clients and construction subcontractors
- Enjoys wearing a lot of hats and is able to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent, self-starter
- Reliable and dependable
Compensation includes a salary of $70-80k, depending on how your experience matches the above requirements, plus benefits.