Outside Sales Representative – Manufacturers’ Rep – Remote Atlanta GA
Would you love to find a new opportunity with a company that has been proven to be a wonderful place to work and where employees are treated super well? We have just the opportunity for you! Our longstanding client in the commercial plumbing arena is looking for a professional Outside Sales Representative to join their team. This small, family-owned Manufacturers’ Representative Company serves the Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Florida Panhandle markets. They are the sales arm for manufacturers who produce pipes, valves, fittings and fixtures for the commercial/mechanical and industrial construction markets. Their headquarters is located in Cumming, GA. Their client base consists of wholesalers, engineers, contractors, OEMs and facility managers.
- Because of the territories that will need to be covered, our client prefers that candidates live in the metro Atlanta area.
- You will travel 5-10 nights per month, depending on where you live and the territory assigned.
- In addition to those with a professional sales background, our client is also open to those who have been Project Managers/Contractors, Mechanical or Plumbing Engineers with an engineering firm, and Inside Sales Reps with Wholesalers in their industry.
We have placed 4 individuals with this wonderful client over the past 10 years and all have absolutely loved working there. It’s a great team and they even have an office dog! Read below to see if this awesome opportunity could be a good fit for you!
This customer focused, strategic thinking sales professional will be responsible for territory development & growth, product education & training, and creating an effective & efficient channel of communication throughout the supply chain.
- Write engineer specifications, pull through orders at the contractor level, educate facilities, and provide solutions to our distribution partners
- Perform product demos through lunch & learns, counter days, application reviews, and job start-ups
- Understand pricing models and market conditions for stock conversions and project negotiations
- Communicate with customers, team, and manufacturers regarding quotes, market trends, and product acceptance
- Travel 5-10 nights a month depending on home location
- Maintain a weekly average of six sales calls per day while on the road
- Invest in relationships that create win/win solutions
- Follow up on everything (Leads, Quotes, and Projects)
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an outside sales rep or 3 years’ industry experience in a role such as a Project Manager/Contractor, Mechanical or Plumbing Engineer with an Engineering firm, or Inside Sales Rep with a Wholesaler
- Strong desire for personal growth and income success
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn various software and CRM type systems (i.e. Repfabric, IS Quote, Peachtree)
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload effectively and efficiently
- Self-motivated, achievement oriented with the ability to surpass performance goals
- An understanding of an effective sales process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- Curious in nature with the ability of listening to understand
- Strong negotiating, planning, and consultative sales skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Relentless about self-improvement
- Ability to keep things fun
Compensation: $70,000 +/- base salary range, depending on experience, plus commissions, bonuses and benefits.