Payroll and HR Specialist Atlanta GA
We are excited to be assisting our client, the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce (MACOC), in a search for a Payroll and HR Specialist to join their wonderful team. If you love Atlanta and our region, this exciting opportunity will provide the chance for you to be “in the know” and involved in all different aspects of local and regional government, business, social issues, and more!
This hybrid position will be worked 3 days per week at the MACOC downtown office and 2 days per week from your home office. Parking is reimbursed. The long-tenured team at the MACOC is looking for someone who wants to plug in there and grow. You will be given opportunities to expand your knowledge and experience in HR as well as network with business and government leaders from around the region.
Come join this dynamic and fast-paced team, and help to make a positive impact on your city and state!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Be the Paycom expert and ensure that the system is being used to its full potential
- Update the Paycom Review Booklet
- Process semi-monthly payroll for 55 employees
- Update Paycom for all salary, benefit, department, and general ledger accounts as changes occur
- Prepare all year-end payroll and W-2 adjustments
- Process all payroll reporting requests as needed
- Assist Sr. VP of People with the day-to-day operations of the group benefits program and reconciliation of benefits to Paycom
- Assist with recruiting of interns and other personnel as needed
- Manage the on-boarding of all new MACOC employees as well as any employee exits; update a New Hire checklist as a review template
- Minimum of 3 years experience in payroll and human resources
- Previous experience with Paycom is strongly preferred
- Tech savvy with a high proficiency in Excel and other reporting skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Able to work well in an open concept environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation includes a salary of $60-70,000 (depending on the match to the job experience and requirements) and a robust benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, hearing, FSA, matching401k, and very generous PTO.