Senior Bookkeeper – Remote Anniston AL
Our client, SBS Accounting & Advisors, is a remote firm dedicated to helping small businesses alleviate the burdens of accounting and bookkeeping with a strong emphasis on family values. Due to growth, SBS is adding a 100% remote Senior Bookkeeper to their team. This role involves utilizing your accounting and bookkeeping expertise to oversee a portfolio of clients. After a 90-day period, it will evolve to include managerial responsibilities for the Bookkeepers.
Candidates can live anywhere in the eastern or central time zones. The ideal candidate needs to be highly experienced with QuickBooks (online and desktop), tech savvy, and able to efficiently handle multiple clients. The work hours are M-F, 8:30am-5:30pm EST. If you’re seeking a role that genuinely prioritizes work-life balance, then look no further – this position is tailor-made for you!
- Responsible for managing various bookkeeping engagements
- Posting and reconciling bank and credit card transactions
- Setting up loans and reconciling on a periodic basis with loan statements
- Posting invoices, invoice payments, bills, and bill payments
- Processing payroll, posting to GL, and reconciling with payroll reports
- Managing/adjusting inventory
- Preparing and filing sales tax returns and payments
- Tracking income and expenses by class, job, and location
- Quickly and efficiently deal with issues that arise, appropriately using SBS support channels (IT, App providers, etc.).
- Track and monitor time spent on client accounts ensuring that time does not exceed budget without approval.
- Monitoring Account Managers and Bookkeepers activities such as reviewing time reports, determine profitability of accounts, review end of period financial reports
- Oversee open, assigned client tasks and insure completion
- Provide alternating light or in-depth review of client’s financial reports
- Other duties as assigned
- At least three years of experience using QuickBooks Desktop & Online versions and Microsoft Office
- Ability to use technology and switch quickly between apps that interface with QuickBooks
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
COMPENSATION: Salary 60-66.5k; PTO; Health Costs Sharing program; 100% remote