Tax Credit Coordinator – Hybrid Peachtree Corners GA
Our client, a high-performing and high-volume nonprofit organization that processes and collects tax credit contributions in order to provide scholarships to K-12 students, is looking for a Tax Credit Coordinator to join their wonderful team. If you are a professional who is comfortable with complex financial information and also loves communicating with people, this could be the perfect job for you!
This hybrid role will be worked 4 days per week at the client’s Peachtree Corners, GA office and 1 day per week from your home office. This is a new position being added because of the organization’s growth.
Our client is a 10-person nonprofit organization with a meaningful mission but is run like a top-notch for-profit business. They have a culture of excellence and continuous improvement, combined with mutual respect and a belief that work can and should be fun! They have regular employee lunches, after-work happy hours, etc. They have created a brand that is respected statewide and they are highly motivated to continue their reputation of high integrity and tremendous results.
Come join this team that is described by their board as “having something really special about their culture”.
This role is responsible for coordinating and processing the thousands of taxpayer applications submitted to this nonprofit each year, as well as managing the organization’s donor database.
- Assist in all steps of the tax credit contribution process – processing tax credit applications, submitting tax credit applications to the DOR, collecting tax credit payments, and issuing tax receipts.
- Training will be provided but the desire to understand tax credits and provide support to the contributors is critical
- Handle incoming phone calls and email inquiries from clients, schools, and donors with professionalism and accurate solutions
- Maintain documentation of all client and contributor interactions
- Work with the operations team to maintain the overall quality and integrity of the donor database
- Make suggestions for process improvements
- Bachelors Degree required (accounting or finance major preferred)
- Interest in and aptitude for working with financial or other complex subject matter
- Minimum of 2 years business experience
- Strong detail orientation – having pride in the accuracy and excellence of your work
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment managing multiple priorities
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Customer service mindset – enjoying communicating with clients with a desire to serve them promptly, professionally, and empathetically
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Compensation includes a base salary of $70-75,000 plus 100% company-paid employee medical health insurance, 401k, PTO, etc.